The requests of Our Lady of Fatima for the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays is still not well known.
On July 13, 1917, Our Lady promised to the seers at Fatima, “I shall come to ask for the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturdays.” This was fulfilled in December 1925, when Sister Lucia by then a Dorothean sister in the convent at Pontevedra told us what happened:
“On December 10, 1925, the Most Holy Virgin appeared to me, and by Her side, elevated on a luminous cloud, was the Child Jesus. The most Holy Virgin rested Her hand on my shoulder, and as She did so, She showed me a heart encircled by thorns, which She was holding in Her other hand. At the same time, the Child said: “Have compassion on the Heart of your Most Holy Mother, covered with thorns, with which ungrateful men pierce It at every moment, and there is no one to make an act of reparation to remove them.”
“Then the Most Holy Virgin said:”
“Look my daughter, at My Heart, surrounded with thorns with which ungrateful men pierce Me at every moment by their blasphemies and ingratitude. You, at least, try to console Me, and announce in My Name that I promise to assist at the hour of death, with all graces necessary for salvation, all those who, on the first Saturdays of five consecutive months, confess, receive Holy Communion, recite the Rosary and keep Me company for fifteen minutes meditating on the fifteen mysteries of the Rosary with the intention of making reparation to Me.”
“My daughter, the reason for the Five First Saturdays is simple. There are five of blasphemies committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary:
- Blasphemies against the Immaculate Conception.
- Blasphemies against Her perpetual virginity.
- Blasphemies against Her Divine Maternity, in refusing at the same time to recognize Her as the Mother of men.
- Blasphemies of those who publicly seek to sow in the hearts of children indifference or scorn, or even hatred of the Immaculate Mother.
- The offenses of those who outrage Her directly in Her holy images.