“We saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire, but they died out in contact with the splendor that Our Lady radiated toward him from her right hand. Pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!” (Third secret of Fatima)
The messages of Fatima are as timeless as the Gospel and Revelation itself.They are the witnessing of God’s patience in His call to repentance. “Repent and believe in the Good News” (MK 1:15). Without repentance God’s Mercy would turn quickly to His justice; from the Garden of Eden up until the present time the need to turn toward God and be converted is critical for peace as it has been preordained in the moral order of mankind. The Messages of Fatima appears more urgent today than ever before. Let us look closer to see what Our Lady is asking of us.
Living the Messages of Fatima
1. Daily morning offering to the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. The sacrifices demanded by our daily duties, along with whatever hardships God allows, are done in reparation for our sins, for the sins of others, and for the conversion of all sinners to gain all the indulgences we can each day for the Immaculate Heart of Mary to apply in way she chooses.
2. Pray part of the Rosary daily while meditating on the Mysteries in reparation for sin, for the conversion of sinners, and for world peace. At every appearance Our Lady made at Fatima she requested that the children pray the Rosary everyday to obtain peace, and the end of war.
3. Wear the Brown Scapular of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel as both a sign and a reminder of your consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary, and as a protection against the snares of the Devil.
4. Practice the devotion of the Communion of Reparation on the First Saturday of each month which has come to be popularly known as the First Saturday Devotion. Receive Holy Communion, go to confession, recite one part of the rosary, pray for the Holy Father, and keep Our Lady company while meditating for 15 minutes on the other mysteries of the Rosary all in reparation of offenses committed against the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
5. Help establish devotion to The Immaculate Heart of Mary by spreading the Message of Fatima to others. To live the Christian virtues, offer sacrifices and suffering in atonement for sin; Read scriptures, especially the Gospel, acts of charity, acts of Faith, pray for the pope, and the church and patiently wait in joy and cheerfulness for the Triumph of the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
Resources for Knowledge and Understanding of Fatima and Our Lady’s Message
Father Andrew Apostoli’s book, “Fatima for Today”
“Lucia Speaks/Prayer Cell flip-booklet” offers an excellent summary of Sister Lucia’s memoirs.
A glimpse into Sister Lucia’s mature understanding of the call of Fatima to the world is contained in her book, “Calls From The Message of Fatima.”
Learn the Message of Fatima. Live the Message of Fatima. Spread the Message of Fatima to others.